Bridge House is located on
· There are bus stops in either direction close to Bridge House with regular services to and from Newark Town Centre
· We are approx 1 mile from either
· The nearest shops are approximately half a mile away with the main shopping areas 0.8 miles.
· We have a web site where full details, including photographs of all rooms are available.
· We are unable to accommodate children under 13 years old or visitors pets (Registered Guide Dogs Welcomed)
· There are several local taxi companies; we can make bookings in advance for you.
· Information can be provided in large print if required. We regret we do not have facilites to prepare documents in Braille.
· You can contact us by telephone, text, e-mail or fax. Please see the “Contact Information” section of this document for full details.
Arrival and Car Parking
Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we are here to welcome you.To ensure your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not arrive before Earlier arrival may be possible by prior arrangement.
Parking is on a level area in front of the House. We have parking for 4 visitors cars, 3 on a gravel area and 1 on smooth tarmac closer to the entrance door ( this is reserved for those with mobility needs)
We are unable to accommodate commercial vehicles although these can be parked ‘on road’ near to Bridge House
We can assist with luggage if required.
· There is a 7 inch step to a wide level tiled area before the front door.
· The front door is normally secured so please pull the bell handle on your arrival.
Guest Accommodation – Public Areas
- The entrance leads directly to a large reception / booking in area.
- The Guest Breakfast room is directly off the reception
- There is a toilet in reception for use by visitors.
- There are stairs leading to the first floor from the reception area, with 4 stairs to a large half landing and further 12 stairs to the landing. All Guest bedrooms are on the first floor.
- The stairs are easy rise (7”) with deep treads (10.5”) and have hand rails on both sides. The stairs are 3 feet wide – wide enough for us to be able to assist those with mobility needs. The stairs are carpeted with high visibility brass rods.
- There is a further 7” step on the landing leading to Bedrooms 1 & 2
- Bridge House is centrally heated throughout and temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements.
- The Breakfast room is a large room. We have 3 tables each able to seat 4 persons and we can put tables together if required for larger parties.
- Cereals & juices are self service from a central dresser; however these can be served at the table on request. Cooked breakfasts and beverages are by waiter / waitress service.
- Menus are displayed on all tables as well as guest rooms and we are able to cater for most dietary needs. Please discuss at time of booking.
- Tourist Information is displayed on a console unit.
- The Breakfast room has a wooden floor with no carpets.
- Mobile Phones & Computers are not to be used in the Breakfast Room.
- All bedrooms are on the first floor and are carpeted throughout.
- Rooms are numbered 1 to 4 and raised numbers are positioned at the top centre of each door.
- There are en suite facilities to all rooms consisting of a shower, WC and wash basin (bath with shower over in the Double).
- All taps are lever operated and all toilets push button.
- All showers are thermostatic, to prevent scolding.
- Tea, coffee and a selection of other beverages are provided. Drinking water is available from the en suite cold water basin tap ( mains supply)
- A hair dryer, sewing materials and a selection of toiletries are provided along with facial tissues and cotton buds
- Our beds are made with synthetic hypo- allergenic duvets and pillows.
- Extra blankets and pillows are available on request.
- Each room is equipped with wardrobes, drawers, dressing/make up areas and comfortable seating for all occupants
- There is a folder in each bedroom which contains further information about Bridge House, local amenities and details of emergency contacts including doctors and hospitals.
- All rooms have LCD TV's. The Premier has a 32” High Definition TV, the twin room a 32" HD readyTV and the others 21”.
- Free WiFi internet access is provided to all rooms – The security code is changed regularly and is available from either Paul or Lynn
Bedroom 1 - Twin
- Located 1st left from the top of the stairs.
- A twin single bedded room with en suite shower room
- Illuminated Mirror in Shower room
- Beds can be placed together to form large bed
- Ample access to beds from three sides
- Large bay window to front
Two leather tub armchairs are provided.
Bedroom 2 - Double
- Bedroom 2 is 2nd left at the top of the stairs.
- This room has a metal framed 5 foot bed.
- The en suite has a bath with a shower over and is not suitable for those with mobility concerns.
- Ample access to three sides of the bed
- Two leather tub armchairs are provided
Bedroom 3 - Single
- Turn Right at top of stairs, following the passage room 3 is the first room on the left.
- A 3’ single bedded room with en suite shower room
- Access to bed from one side only.
- A wicker armchair and standard chair is provided along with a study/work area
. Bedroom 4 – Premier Suite
- This room has leather headboarded beds - either twin or Superking Double
- The en suite has a shower with toilet and basin.
- An extremely spacious room with wide access to 3 sides of the bed.
- Equipped with an antique chaise longue, a wicker armchair, dressing table with stool and widescreen TV
- Bay windows over garden to rear & window to side elevation.
- We have a large level garden with lawns, flower beds and fruit Trees We also have a vegetable plot under construction at the bottom of the garden.
- Guests are very welcome to enjoy our garden at all times.
- Access to the garden is via the front entrance door
- There is a patio with a covered Gazebo with table and chairs, further seating, a water feature, and pot plants. Smokers are only allowed to smoke in this area.
- There are 2 x 5” steps leading down from the patio to lawn level.
- The garden is a level well drained area.
- Breakfasts or afternoon teas can be served here in the summer months.
- There is a fire alarm system throughout the house with sounders built into the bedroom detectors.
- In the event of a fire or drill the alarm will sound. Guests should leave the property immediately and assemble on the pavement in front of the house. Please advise us if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this so that we can ensure you are safely evacuated...
- The building can be evacuated via main entrance door from the reception area.
- We do not permit smoking in the house but guests may smoke in our garden. Please use the ash bucket provided.
- We are happy to cater for special diets or any particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us of these before your arrival.
- We are happy to refrigerate any medication. We can also keep any perishables in our fridge for a limited period.
- Mobile phone reception at Bridge House is good for all UK networks.
- We offer many additional services which can be found either on our website or in the bedroom information packs.
- We do not provide self service laundry or ironing facilities but can provide these as a service at reasonable rates.
- Address: Bridge House, 4 London Road, New Balderton, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 3AJ
- Grid Reference: SK 811 526 GB
- Telephone/fax number: 01636 674663. If we are away from home an answer phone service is provided and a mobile phone number is given in case of emergencies.
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Website: www.arnoldsbandb.co.uk
- We are open all year except Xmas and do take occasional holidays when Bridge House will be closed.
If you require further details or have any comments about the services we provide do not hesitate to contact us.
Statement revised: 18th January 2017 by: Paul & Lynn Arnold (proprietors)